THE WOODLAND PARK SENIORS CLUB
This group meets every Wednesday from 10:30 AM - 3:00 PM at the Boys & Girls Club.
Everyone 50 years or older is welcome to attend!
Mary Ann Iaconio, President
Phone: (973) 523-0234
Woodland Park Boys & Girls Club
8 Memorial Drive
Woodland Park, NJ 07424
THE YOUNG at HEART SENIORS
This group meets every other Friday monthly from 11:30 AM - 3:00 PM at the American Legion.
New members are always welcome!
Annette Streicher, President
Phone: (201) 349-8919
Woodland Park American Legion
410 Mt. Pleasant Avenue
Woodland Park, NJ 07424
SENIOR BUS PROGRAM
The Woodland Park Bus Service is available to provide free rides to our Senior Club Meetings, local doctors in Woodland Park, Totowa & Little Falls, as well as trips to the Little Falls Shoprite & Willowbrook Mall. Please call the number provided for additional information and to schedule a ride.
Phone: (973) 445-9158
SOCIAL SECURITY ADMINISTRATION (SSA)
Social Security Administration now provides a service called My Social Security. This service is for people who currently receive monthly Social Security and/or Supplemental Security Income.
Visit http://www.socialsecurity.gov/myaccount today!
For information on Social Security Benefits, please visit the U.S. Social Security Administration's website at http://www.ssa.gov
At 65 years of age, the following may be available to you:
- COLLECT FULL SOCIAL SECURITY REGARDLESS OF EARNINGS
- MEDICARE BENEFITS (PART A AND PART B PREMIUM)
- PHARMACEUTICAL ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (P.A.A.D.)
- HEARING AID ASSISTANCE TO THE AGED AND DISABLED (H.A.A.D.)
- LIFE-LINE CREDIT OF $225.00 FOR UTILITIES
- SENIOR DENTAL AND DENTURE PROGRAMS
- SUPPLEMENTARY SECURITY INCOME (S.S.I.)
- COMMUNITY CARE PROGRAM FOR ELDERLY AND DISABLED (C.C.P.E.D.)
- NEW JERSEY CARE (SPECIAL MEDICAID PROGRAM)
- MEDICALLY NEEDED PROGRAM (USUALLY HIGH MEDICAL BILLS)
- STATE HEALTH INSURANCE ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS—PROVIDES ASSISTANCE IN FILLING OUT MEDICAL AND INSURANCE FORMS (SHIP)
- MEDICAL COURTESY PROGRAM (MED-CAP)
- REDUCTION OF $250.00 ON HOMEOWNERS REAL-ESTATE TAXES
- TUITION FREE COLLEGE COURSE (SOME COURSES FREE)
PASSAIC COUNTY SENIOR SERVICES, DISABILITY & VETERANS AFFAIRS
930 Riverview Drive
Totowa, NJ 07512
Senior Services Phone: (973) 569-4060
Veterans Affairs Phone: (973) 569-4090
PASSAIC COUNTY OFFICE ON AGING
Please call Passaic County Office on Aging at (973) 881-4950 if you have any questions or would like more information on the following programs:
- MEALS ON WHEELS: A hot meal delivered to the home-bound daily.
- WEEKEND MEALS ON WHEELS: Home delivered meals Saturday and Sunday.
- S.H.I.P. (State Health Insurance Assistance Program): Provides assistance in filling out medical and insurance forms.
- H.A.A.A.D. (Hearing Aid Assistance For The Aged & Disabled): Allows $100.00 rebate for hearing aids.
- LIFELINE: A public assistance program to help seniors meet the cost of their gas and electricity.
- H.E.A.P. (Home Energy Assistance Program): A program that helps seniors to pay heating fuel in the winter and cooling in the summer.
- CONGREGATE MEALS: A system of 14 nutrition centers throughout the county where seniors can receive a hot lunch for a minimal donation and can socialize with their contemporaries.
- MED-CAP: A Passaic County Medical Society Program.
- P.C.W.D.C. (Passaic County Workforce Development Center)