What Court Staff Can and Cannot Do
The Woodland Park Municipal Court staff will gladly assist you whenever possible. However, there are guidelines we must follow, such as:
- We can explain and answer questions about how the court works.
- We can tell you what the requirements are to have your case considered by the court.
- We can give you some information from your case file.
- We can provide you with samples of court forms that are available.
- We can provide you with guidance on how to fill out forms.
- We can usually answer questions about court deadlines.
- We cannot give you legal advice. Only your lawyer can give you legal advice.
- We cannot tell you whether or not you should bring your case to court.
- We cannot give you an opinion about what will happen if you bring your case to court.
- We cannot recommend a lawyer, but we can provide you with the telephone number of a local lawyer referral service.
- We cannot talk to the judge for you about what will happen in your case.
- We cannot let you talk to the judge outside of court.
- We cannot change an order issued by a judge.