John Uzzalino, Acting Chief of Police
The Woodland Park Police Department is committed to serve and protect all people within our jurisdiction with a commitment to excellence, integrity, respect, fairness and compassion. Our mission is to provide professional law enforcement services while working in partnership with those whom we serve.
The Table of Organization, as per Ordinance 16-14, for the Woodland Park Police is as follows:
- Police Chief;
- Three Lieutenants;
- Six Sergeants;
- Fourteen Patrol Officer;
- Probationary Officers, Special Police, Police Matrons, Marshalls, Traffic Officers, School Traffic Officers, Radio Communications Officers, and other personnel as the Council authorizes.
- Any position currently occupied and slated for reduction, shall remain active until a vacancy is created in that position.
By Borough ordinance, the Police Department is directed to preserve the public peace, protect life and property, prevent crime, detect and arrest offenders against the penal laws and ordinances effective within the Borough, suppress riots, mobs and insurrections, disperse unlawful or dangerous assemblages, and preserve order at all elections, public meetings and other assemblages.
The Police should administer and enforce laws and ordinances to regulate, direct, control and restrict the movement of vehicular and pedestrian traffic. And, the Police are to remove all nuisances in the streets, parks, and other public places; inspect and observe all amusement areas and all places of business requiring any state or municipal license or permit. In addition, the Police must respond to all fire alarms and assist the Fire Department in the protection of life and property by regulating traffic, maintaining order and enforcing the Fire Prevention Code.
Appointment: All members are appointed by the Mayor.
Qualifications: Applicants must ...
- be a citizen of the United States for two years preceeding the appointment, a resident of New Jersey, Passaic County and the Borough of Woodland Park;
- be at least eighteen and not more than thirty-five;
- be able to read, write and speak English well and intelligently;
- be of good moral character, and shall not have been convicted of a criminal offense;
- successfully complete an approved police training course before appointment.
Civil Service: All appointments and promotions to positions covered by Civil Service must be in accordance with the appropriate civil service statutes and rules and regulations. For more information, click NJ Civil Service Commission.
Standard Operating Procedure policies:
• Use of Force
• Law Enforcement Drug Testing
• Personnel Performance Management and Early Warning System
|Woodland Park Police Force By Rank
R. Di Zenzo
Detective Bureau: Sgt. L. Schaefer, O. Carino, A Panicci
Officers: Bill Gilhooley, Special Class II; Michael Cossari, Special Class III; Andrew Poremba, Special Class III
- White/blue shirt uniform: Chief, Captain, Lieutenant (depending on assignment)
- Blue shirt uniform: Patrol Officer, Sergeant, Lieutenant (depending on assignment)
- Matching dark blue shirt and pants: Dispatchers
- Insignias: Chief, gold star; Captain, double gold bars; Lieutenant, single gold bar; Sergeant, three stripes
|Sgt. Mike Koehler
|Officer D. Aguilera
||Officer T. Condron
|Lt. Erik Luker
||Officer M. Boudaher
||Officer L. Schaefer
Emergency Calls: 9-1-1
POLICE TIP LINE:
Domestic Violence Response Team information sheet
What is available
- Accident Reports
- Incident Reports
- Dog Licenses
- Firearms ID Cards
- Firearms Permits
- Temporary Handicap
HOURS OF OPERATION
Mon / Wed / Thu / Fri:
8:30 am – 12:30 pm and
1:30 pm – 4 pm
Tue: 8:30 am – 3 pm
Phone: 973-345-8122 or 973-345-8100 x122973-345-8122 or 973-345-8100 x122
Incident & Action Reports
Fees: No charge
$11.20 / $14.20 Check or Money Order ONLY (rabies vaccination certificate & proof of residence required)
Instructions & Application:
Temporary Handicap Placcard
Fee: $4 check payable to NJMVC
Identification: Drivers License and Proof of Residence
Term of Use: 6 months; renewable once for add'l 6 months
Application: Available Online or at Police Records window