Mayor Kazmark has announced the following cancellations/postponements in light of the continued spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) effective today, March 13.
These cancellations/postponements are being ordered out of an abundance of caution, and not due to any locally identified illness or required mandate. The CDC and healthcare professionals are recommending “social distancing” in order to contain the spread of the virus.
Senior citizen programs:
• The West Paterson Boys’ & Girls’ Club will be closed for all senior citizen programs, including weekly meetings.
• The Young at Heart Club meetings will be suspended.
• The senior bus will remain operational at this time, however, this will be decided on a day-by-day basis.
Alfred H. Baumann Free Public Library:
• The Friends of the Library “Casino Night” originally scheduled for Friday, March 13 has been rescheduled to Friday, June 5.
• All group activities and programs are suspended; however, the library will remain open for normal, daily library operations.
• The library will be issuing temporary library cards to residents; call the library for more information at 973-345-8120.
• All fines incurred during this time will be waived.
• Check the library website, www.abwplibrary.org, for updates.
West Paterson Boys’ & Girls’ Club programs:
• All basketball games and practices are suspended.
• All programs, events and get togethers at the Boys’ & Girls’ Club are suspended.
Woodland Park School District:
• The Board of Education took action on Monday, March 9 to suspend all night activities and programs through the end of March, including the school play, which will be re-scheduled.
• The Board also canceled all field trips for the month of March.
• The Board will revisit future cancellations/postponements at their meeting on Monday, March 23.
Borough & School District operations:
• The Municipal Building, Borough departments and the library will remain open for normal, daily operations. Efforts have been put in place to disinfect common areas of these building multiple times per day.
• The Board of Health meeting will take place on Monday, March 16, as scheduled.
• The Mayor and Council meeting will take place on Wednesday, March 18, as scheduled, however the presentation portion of the meeting will be re-scheduled.
These provisions will remain in effect through April 1. The Borough will re-evaluate these and future cancellations/postponements on Friday, March 20.
In the meantime, Woodland Park residents are encouraged to use the following resources should they have additional questions or concerns:
• NJ Department of Health – General Information Page
• Center for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) – General Information Page
• CDC – Home Isolation Guide
• NJDOH – Local Health Department Directory
• NJPIES, 24-Hour Public Hotline: 1-800-222-1222
For Out-Of-State Phonelines: 1-800-962-1253
• Passaic County Department of Health: 973-881-4326
For additional question, concerns or additional information ncov.doh.nj.gov. Email questions to NJ Department of Health at NCOV@doh.gov.
Please follow the Borough's Facebook page and check our website, www.wpnj.us, for continued updates.